As promised here is the story and pictures of the Campfire gang making 3 boys very very happy:

I was able to deliver the rifle and gear to the boys yesterday. It was a windy day with temps in the mid 60's but it was sunny out so i decided to meet them up on a ridge by their home that has an impromptu range. This impromptu range is about 5 miles from one of the elk winter feeding areas so I had there mom load them up under the false pretense of going to see if any elk were still lingering around. They had zero idea that I was waiting between them and the feeding station.

Snapped a quick picture of the pile before the boys got there for the hand off and before I hid the rifle:

[Linked Image]

I first told the boys I had some friends who wanted them to have some things. I gave the boys their new backpacks and let them play with their gear.

[Linked Image]

Then I hauled out the box with all the reloading and cleaning gear and explained it was all to be shared. At this point the boys had 100 questions about why so many people could be so generous towards them, all I could do was smile and say good things happen to good kids.

Things couldn't have went better for after about another 5 minutes Coy asked me if I had a lead on a new deer gun he could buy. I told him I had a damn good idea and pulled the skb hard case out of my back seat. I handed it to him and told him to let me know what he thought of this one.

[Linked Image]

He said it was beautiful but that he probably couldn't afford it. I told him the price was set in stone and I couldn't get it for him any cheaper then free. He was beside himself and I think I saw tears well up in his eyes. I had to reaffirm to him several times that it was indeed being given to him by one hell of a generous man.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It was a very touching moment but I'm not much for waiting so i broke it up by asking him why he wasnt shooting it yet. He was in love +P from the first popped primer.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z254/MallardAddict/photo-12.jpg[/img]

All of the boys were beyond speechless that what started as one mans donating a rifle to one of them grew into something so large and so great. It made my day to see the huge smiles on their faces. To say I felt a lot of happiness and pride would not being this whole deal justice in the least.

Their notes of thanks are in their own words and listed below all I did was add their ages:

To Matt�s friends who had given the Downs boys gifts,������������������� April 16, 2012

Thank you for the gifts that I have received. I loved the binoculars that I had received. The backpack was great. The Leatherman�s tool was awesome. I am pretty sure that the first-aid kit, emergency whistle, and the emergency blanket will be useful, though I hope that I don�t have to use them. The skinning knife and flashlight will really come in handy. The sling will put to good use. And I can�t thank the person who had given me the .308 lever action enough. I promise to keep all of these items in their top condition. There is not much else I can say, so I hope you all can understand how thankful I really am. I truly can�t put it into words. The best that I can do is thank you all very, very much.

Sincerely,
Coy Downs (oldest 15 y/o)

Dear Matt�s friends,

Thank you very much for the supplies. I hope to use most of the things
(not the first aid kit). I will use the items with care. Once again
thank you.

Sincerely

Seth (middle boy 12y/o)

DEAR MATT��S FRIENDS,

I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR THE ASWOME GIFTS.THEY ARE REALY COOL. THE LEATHERMENSTOOL IS EVEN BETER THAN MY LAST ONE. THE KNIFE WAS REALY NEAT.THANK YOU FOR THE AWSOME GIFTS.

����������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������� SINCERELY, WYATT (youngest 9y/o)

**** my apologies for the flipped pics, photobucket won't let me rotate them via I phone****

Last edited by MallardAddict; 04/17/12.