It just occurred to me that I haven't told ya'll much about Timothy yet. One of my favorite ways to pass the time is bragging on my kids, and this seems like the perfect excuse, so pour your favorite beverage, grab your reading glasses and whatever you do, don't try to hold your breath while you read this. wink

Timothy is the oldest of five, and my only boy. He's a very gentlemanly brother to his four sisters, and an excellent protector. I recall a story my wife told me when I was in basic training back in '05. Timothy was just 6 at the time, and my wife had taken him and his two (at the time) sisters to a McDonald's for lunch. Timothy and Sarah, who was four, had been playing in the playground, and Timothy had returned to the table for another chicken nugget when Sarah started crying from up inside the playground. My wife said Timothy stopped mid - bite and without hesitating, sprinted up into the playground, where he found some impatient boys trying to push Sarah down the slide so they could have a turn. Timothy's shrill voice was heard throughout the restaurant: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY SISTER?!?!" I had a smile on my face the rest of the day, even while doing pushups in the mud. grin

All of our kids are home-schooled, and Timothy consistently scores above average in every subject. His reading comprehension is probably higher than most high-school grads. He is kind - hearted, always putting his sisters first, and he often spends his meager allowance on gifts for others. He has a brilliant mechanical mind, often building things with his legos far more complex than the pictures on the box they came in.

I figured with all those girls in the house, I might need a little help at times when the boys inevitably come a-callin, so I put him in karate lessons a few years ago. He now holds a first degree black belt, and is currently working toward his second degree. cool

He loves shooting, and he's a natural marksman. He's accounted for an impressive amount of small game, and of all the times he's shot at an animal, he has yet to miss. His favorite gun is his Mossberg Youth model 505 pump-action .410. Something tells me that one is about to come in second though. wink

Most importantly of all, Timothy loves God, and lives his young life by His example. I'm pretty proud of my boy - I bet you couldn't tell.

Last edited by AlaskanMatt; 04/12/12.

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."