Okay gents, now that everything has wrapped up so great for Coy, Seth, and Wyatt via Mallard (kudos again to Paul and all who gave!), I just thought I'd give an update on things as regards James (aka, Case #2).

I have some vacation starting on June 11th and I�ll be spending much of it with James. We�ll be going out to the range to see what he feels comfortable shooting--other than playing around with a .22, we�ll try a .308 (including with some 125 gr bullets or reduced loads just to approximate a 7mm-08), a .270 Win, and a .30-06. Then I�ll take him to a couple of stores to see what make/model he seems to like (within reason! smile) FYI, I�m not making it clear that he�s getting a rifle or other hunting equipment. I�ll just present it as �uncle � nephew� time�I know I won�t have to tell him he�s actually going to be receiving a rifle for him to want to go to gun stores and go shooting with me, that�s for sure! grin

Also, here is the status of the equipment for James: A couple people have asked about giving something, and so I figure it will help to recap so that if someone still wants to provide something they know what would help. FYI, I have put "RECEIVED" for those things that I have already gotten from the donor.

HUNTING GEAR:

Rifle-Accounted for by AlaskanMatt (model & caliber TBD in June)
Scope- accounted for by JG Raider (Simmons Whitetail 2.5-6x36, 1� tube)
Bases-offer on the table, but TBD, based on rifle
Rings- (probably makes sense to be provided with the bases)
Scope cover-
Sling-
Rifle case- Accounted for by Bulletbutt -RECEIVED
A box or two of ammo (TBD, based on above)
Hunting knife(Ingram)-accounted for by Toad-RECEIVED
Blaze orange hunting hat and/or vest-
Gloves & shirt- Accounted for by AckleyFan �RECEIVED
Spotting scope & tripod-Accounted for by Nsaqam
Binoculars-
Day pack (w/ emergency equipment, etc.)-Accounted for by gophergunner

RELOADING EQUIPMENT:

Dies/brass/etc TBD based on what the rifle is chambered in (If .280 Rem, 458 Lott has it)
Lee Challenger press-Accounted for by Nsaqam
RCBS Uniflow powder measure-Nsaqam
6" caliper-458 Lott
Case trimming tool-458 Lott
Case mouth deburring tool-458 Lott
Lee Scale- Accounted for by Smithrjd -RECEIVED
Pocket primer brush-Smithrjd -RECEIVED
RCBS case lube pad- Smithrjd -RECEIVED
Funnel-
Other items?

NOTE: Nsaqam is coordinating the reloading donations

Again, anything else I�m forgetting? Other things that you have that you think might help? Also, please correct me if there�s anything left out or misstated, especially regarding the reloading equipment�my sister Jessica is the one who told me about (or rather described) the things that had arrived, and she is pretty clueless about these things laugh

Anyway, also feel free to PM me if you have ideas/questions/comments...

Last edited by dclayton; 04/19/12.

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)