Well I know I have not been on the campfire for long but I have a neighbor up here in Alaska who has 3 boys and they all love to hunt anything they can but only have 2 rifles between the 3 of them. I am going behind his back on this because I gave him my old savage 110 in 30-06 last year because he wanted to go out with his boys and only had 2 guns at that time. Anyhow he is a metal fabricator and his wife isn't around anymore. All I know is divorced and he has a 14year old and a 9 year old and a 7 year old. What a handful. Well I know the older 2 boys shoot the 30-06s fine and his little boy likes my 243. I am looking to see if someone has a rifle his little boy can shoot and I'm gonna give it to him at Christmas. I would like to help him out as he's a good guy and helped me work on my truck more than once. He has always offered me a drink anytime I'm outside and he comes out and his kids are pretty good kids. If anyone has a line on a cheap rifle that works well I would be glad to pay shipping and FFL fees. I'm not concerned with the guns looks at all or what type as long as his youngest can shoot it. They hunt moose and caribou but the little guy won't be alone so about any 243 size rifle will work. Thanks

ACS