Since others are offering gear for dclayton's nephew as well, I'll let you all in on the plans so far. And FWIW, I've talked to him quite a bit via PMs. I wouldn't question his validity for a second. He's going to spend some time with James to determine what caliber, action type etc. he would prefer. I had at first suggested that I could send him a gift cert. for a sporting goods store near him, but he suggested we might put it to the members on the fire, in case someone here has a rifle that might match what James would like. I'll be ready to make the purchase around the beginning of Sept. If any fire members have a rifle they might be willing to sell for this, please let me know.

Just keep in mind I'll be waiting to hear from dclayton on which caliber and action type. My budget will be around $500 to $600 for this. Let's get another young man out in the woods!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."