Originally Posted by oregontripper
Up for the Hunting Rifles Forum is Project 24/7. This rifle has been through a few variations inspired by 24hourcampfire and today FOsteology and I decided to make it available to a deserving youth. I'd like this to be called Project 24/7 until a recipient is identified.

It's a 1979 Remington 700 BDL Custom Deluxe 7mm Remington Express with 22" barrel. Seems a good cartridge for a growing shooter as it can be loaded down or punched 280AI. It's wearing a 1993 700 BDL SS takeoff stock that is stiffer than an SPS, its functionally bedded and free-floated. The rifle's color scheme is not complete, it was inspired by one of FOs' rifles he had posted awhile back. Basically going for a black barreled action with brown stock with silver bolt handle and trigger. I painted the stock with some texture and then Krylon Fusion and clear coats. I'll cover the bolt shroud and triggerguard/floorplate flat black to match the barrel to complete the look and just leave the receiver polished blue unless there is a consensus that something else is needed, like professional coating shocked ! The rifle has put out several sub .6" 3-shot groups when I was using Federal brass and usually hangs 3/4-1" with 139gr Hornady BTSP loads. Comes with 50 2x fired Nosler cases. Rifle is good to go as is, the trigger is light and crisp, however, it has some creep that I can't adjust out.

Anyways, there it is. Ready to ship Priority mail when the time is appropriate.

Folks - I hope ya'll will understand... I have been trying to sort this out, ever since FOsteology offered to sponser a rifle, from me for the giveaway... Wanting to make it a rifle that is most suited for a youth. We went from a Rem 721 30-06 with 14" LOP that is a good rifle, but maybe not best suited for youths, with its LOP and extractor rarity caveat... So - then came along my 7Express. Well - 280 ammo is not so easy to come by most places and brings a premium price. I was raised on shortaction light recoiling rifles myself... So - I propose the following ---->>>>>

Up for the Hunting Rifles Forum deserving youth project is a Remington 788 in 243 Win. This is now a three-way donation from FOsteology, mistem and myself. Unless there is outrage from ya'll well make this available. Have had an offer of a daypack from gophergunner and stockwork (buttpad hint) from Karnis.

Hope everyone understands the reasoning and agrees with the logic. Now we need a candidate...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?