Originally Posted by interthem
This is nice gesture from many of you. When you start the next one I have a young man to be considered.
He is 16 and comes from a family of 5. His father is retired Army on 100% disablility due to being in the Fulda Gap when Chernobyl blew up (they gave them dose meters for 3 days, maxed out every day, then no more were issued).
He (the Dad) has Diabetes, numerous bone problems and is currently hospitalized (Not at a VA facility thank God!) for treatment of bone infections. You can't live too well on a Staff Sgts. disability pay in NY state !
The Mom has a crappy job with NY state and who knows how long that will last.
The Dad has friends who could take the young man hunting if he had a rifle.
Please keep him in mind for the future. Thank You all

What a bunch of POS. 100% VA disability is at least 4K per month plus more for dependents. SS disability will provide more, about $1500 per month. Fula Gap was in Germany Before Germany was unified and 1200 or more from Chernoble, I was in West Germany at the time and there was no radiation injuries. Moms job will pay at least $25k. They ain't doin too bad at $50-60k and prolly don't pay much taxes either.

Sounds like a scam to me.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.