Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm guessing that's why they say 'Don't use reloads, because we don't know what kind of idiot you are'

That seems to be foreseeability. Because the one thing I know is you can't cover something for every type of idiot/scenario that will come down the pike.

You can't. How many successful verdicts have you ever heard about where a gun blew up with reloads? I can think of very very few, if any, other than this one. Why is that? Because the burden will be on the hand loader to prove that his reload was safe. Unless he was videoing it, how does he do that? Even then, he can't necessarily rule out a double charge or something like that. Almost impossible to make a good enough case out of that. And even then, maybe his prior reloads stressed the steel. So tough as to be nearly impossible.

But, still the point is, the company sells a product in which it KNOWS people are going to use reloads. And further, it does nothing to mitigate that. So, it doesn't get to get blanket protection by saying, "We told you not to use reloads."