Originally Posted by SBH
Let me see if I understand this situation.

A lousy 2,300 hits on this thread......and a total of four (4) instances of catastrophic failures and malfunctions with this rifle???

With the naysayers mouthing off about something that they have no details about..............when the jury did???

The level of combative ignorance displayed by some on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

I wouldn't shoot one of these to save my life. But I'd sure like to see 4ager and RWE do it.

Originally Posted by gunswizard
I witnessed an Encore catastrophic failure at my local shooting range. The gun came apart like a grenade, the scope hit she shooter in the head and knocked him out cold landing about 10yds. behind the firing point. The barrel flew about the same distance downrange, when the guy got to his feet he had a large schrapnel wound in his bicep and his buddies loaded him up and rushed him to the nearest E.R.. No details as to what caliber or load, he was definately shooting handloads. I had never witnessed a Kaboom till then and it was really scary as the schrapnel that lodged in his bicep could have wound up in his chest.

Originally Posted by bobhanson1
I had a .300 WM Encore rifle that was brand new from the factory that had 2/3 of the first Federal Classic factory loads separate just above the case head when fired, and the third had a nice line around the brass in the same spot. The gun didn't detonate like a grenade, or even open up for that matter, but gas did escape the sides of the action. I sent the barrel back to TC and they replaced it. Didn't have any issues with the replacement.

TC also had a recall for unhardened lugs that made it out of the factory that did lead to catastrophic failures regardless of the loads being used so that would be another possibility.

Originally Posted by UtahLefty
It was a couple posts up: max PSI handloads in a very weak action type.

(I had an Encore in .454 once that would pop open, eject, and close again during recoil and not with +P ammo either).

I didn't keep it long....

With this ignorant post you finally win. Ignore.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....