Originally Posted by 4ager

No, quite frankly, it's about wanting to know what happened. The dude had a firearm blow up on him and was rather seriously injured. The only way to really prevent the same from happening to someone else is to know what happened.

The picture is of a busted stock:

[Linked Image]

The contention was that the rifle was found by his friend after the accident, and that it had no shell in the chamber.

I believe the assertion is that improper headspace somehow made the rifle unlock during firing, exposing the breech and ejecting the shell, before closing again.

Frankly, my own personal theory is that the recoil was quite stout and if the breech did open, it was due to recoil driving the triggerguard/breech lever against his middle finger, at which time muzzle rise allowed his middle finger to rotate the lever downward.

That, however, is only a guess. Did the stock break under recoil and allow this to happen, or did the stock break when it was dropped?

I flat don't know. I'm stretching things quite far as is. It seems like the only chain of events that could possibly make the rifle empty its own chamber.

Regards,

Josh