“Leaving the reservation”: this statement was posted in response to my thread; basically stating my position against T/C Arms is and was indefensible. Simply because of my reloading choices. It’s a free country; any one can have that opinion if they so desire. There are certain people who will never accept that T/C Arms or another gun company is at fault in any gun case, if the plaintiff reloads. I think that’s sad some peoples are so closed-minded. To me it sounds like “flat earthers” from 500 years ago.

But in my opinion, one must completely disregard the following to support that argument:

In open court, a T/C Arms representative said he saw failures that caused the T/C Encore to blow open like mine.

T/C Arms destroys customer complaints every 6 months.

Calibers like the 300 Short Mag were not put into production because the T/C Arms Encore could not handle the round. Please note: the 300 win mag has a standard SAAMI psi of 64K and the 300 short mag is 65K…. kind of similar.

They changed the Encore stock design after my accident in 2005.

The gun didn’t blow up like a bomb, like many people bashing me thought it did.

Multiple other people posting on my threads on multiple forums have stated:
-The Encore is a weak design.
-The Encore has can pop open after firing.
-The Encore has headspace issues develop.
- The Encore frames warp.

I’ve tried to convey that I took due diligence in the development of my loads, and I stand by the statement. (My loads were within SAAMI service maximum avg. pressure limits.) I gave T/C Arms all my records, physical evidence, reloads, old brass… everything! For days in court, in front of the jury, they tried to make same arguments some people here are trying to make. But in the end, those arguments didn’t stick and the jury determined that T/C Arms was more at fault.

I think most posters picking at my reloads are doing so because it’s low hanging fruit; it’s what they can get their minds around. But at the end of the day, that argument fell flat with the jury and it’s been beaten to death here. People can keep beating the same old drum, but I suggest you take an analytical look at my side of things.

Thanks,

Brian