Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by selmer
I answered as fast as I could... And I'm pretty certain that I know I'm right. And TCA probably found errors not inherent in the design, but in the critical welding of the lug and placement of the hinge pin hole which create headspace variables in relation to the breechface. Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the Encore frame design, but the tolerances have to be tight on the barrel manufacture.
That assumes the chamber is cut right. You could have a barrel with perfect outside dimensions and still have excessive headspace if the chamber is cut too deep.

GunGeek - thanks for the correction. You are quite correct. I'm referring to the barrel to frame gap - headspace is determined by how the chamber is cut. On bottleneck cartridges, one can adjust the sizing dies to reduce case stretching to a minimum by knowing the barrel to frame gap. On a belted case or rimmed case it's a different ballgame. Thank you for the correction.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile