Originally Posted by JoeBob
One more thing to consider when hammering someone over his memory of events. Look at the judgment posted earlier in this thread. The jury came back with its verdict IN 2013. They been arguing over getting a judgment entered since then. It is really pretty damned amazing when you consider that in its most basic form a judgment in a case like this is supposed to be nothing more than a recitation of the decision of the jury and its findings. So, for two years, TWO YEARS, they've been arguing, not over the case, but simply how to write down the decision the jury has already made.

I've never seen a court around here that would have put up with that sort of wrangling for so long. But it does provide an insight into what you deal with when you have a team of highly paid attorneys, paid by the hour, and the court doesn't rein them in. AND, it makes me even more impressed that this guy was able to get a 60% verdict. This litigation had to be an absolutely exceptional nightmare in a type of litigation that is known for being nightmarishly difficult to litigate.

And further, although the damages were blacked out, I'll bet they were in the tens or hundreds of thousands and not millions. The damages don't seem that high to me. I'm willing to bet that TC spent a lot more on attorneys' fees than it will on paying out a judgment.

Hit the nail on the head with that post!!!!