Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by RWE
Oddly, Joe, you're arguing the jury award and such, and no one cares.

The jury went 40% OP at fault, which, given that everyone here could likely be in his shoes at one time or another, we would like to know what went on.

Not so we could happily collect our 60%, but moreso to avoid the 40% issue altogether.

But keep pulling taffy.

This is the point that people keep trying to get to, but Joe has a hard on and a soap box issue to "stand up for the injured and defend them against corporate greed and wrongdoing" or some such schit.

Knowing where the problem actually lies is what can help people avoid this from happening; again, the Mossberg 4x4 situation from a few years back comes to mind.

I'm not standing up for anyone other than principle. YOU are the VERY FIRST one in this thread to make the blanket statement that a manufacturer should not be responsible for handloaded ammunition because the owner's manual said not to shoot it.

I'm merely pointing out that you are wrong in that limited sense and why it is important to understand the point.

Given the reload in question; 8.3% over book maximum and highly compressed, I wasn't wrong then and I'm not wrong now.

The action, which is what would have blown had the design of the action been flawed, is intact in the rifle the OP used. The stock broke, not the action.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.