Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by Joshua_M_Smith
I'll just leave this here...

Brian Ward posted at ArcheryTalk on May 23, 2015:

I went back at looked at my notes, my final loads for my hunt were 85 grains of H-1000.

It is over the published data of 83 from Hodgdon Data Manual.

I worked up from 10% below max and worked up the final load in half grain increments looking for accuracy (also potency) since I was hunting for moose in Alaska with Griz running around. There were no pressure signs EXCEPT FOR THE F UCKING GUN EXPLODING in the cases compared to the 83 gr load (no blown primers, splits, cracks etc.). I even had two other experienced reloaders look at the cases.

Also, since this was a single shot, I was not seating the bullet as deep, allowing for more case capacity… but I was not engaging the rifling. My loads did not exceed SAAMI PSI for the 300 win mag. They were at max but not over.

Sigh...

I have no experience with the .300 Win Mag, folks. What would a 2 grain overcharge do?

(Looking at current loads for the H1000 published by Hodgdon, the max loads for the 180 grain NOS E-TIP and the 180 grain SPR MT-SP are 79.4 grains compressed and 81.0 grains compressed, respectively.)

Looks like there was an extra .45acp charge of powder in there.

I'm still interested in knowing what parts failed.

Regards,

Josh

This made me raugh out roud.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house