Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I haven't read the whole thread, but after seeing the recent pictures I am more favorably disposed toward the owner. Originally I was inclined to think him a whiner trying to make a profit.

Apparently, the stock failed, causing the rest of the gun to strike him in the face and do serious injury. A failure of the stock is caused by the effects of recoil, not chamber pressure.

It's meaningless that his handloads were a bit above book. It was straight line force that did the damage, and his "8% over book load" probably made about 2-3% more recoil above a factory load.

The Encore is sold in calibers larger than the .300 win mag, like the .35 Whelan, .45-70, and 12 gauge, which presumably kick as hard or harder than even a warm loaded .300 mag. And T/c should have made a stock strong enough to handle anything they chamber.

I have no dog in this hunt, and I'm not gonna spend hours researching the case and technical details. If someone finds different details that blows up my theory, more power to them. But if some product fails and badly injures me during reasonable, normal use, I'd sue the manufacturer, too.

The other issue is he keeps saying the action failed due to design flaws all while failing to mention the pistol grip broke in half. We have no idea if what he says is actually true regarding the action but if the same thing happened to me I'd be suing over the design of said pistol grip and not the action as ge claimed as which is more believable, a grip busting under recoil or his version of events?