Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Brian_Ward
Originally Posted by 4ager
So, you installed a barrel that was not original to the gun - regardless of where it came from - thereby altering the firearm from the original factor condition?

Did you, by chance, have it installed by a gunsmith and/or have a gunsmith check the headspace on that barrel when it was installed?

Really? That's their whole selling point! "one gun for all seasons" or something like that.

So, in fact, you did install a barrel that was not original to that rifle and you did not have the headspace checked.

Let's see:

Non-original barrel. No gunsmith or headspace check after installation. Severely over max handload. No pressure testing of load before or after incident.

You could have laid all that out in the first place IF YOU HAD ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT HAVING PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED. Instead, you dribbled all this out over a myriad of websites and avoided direct questions like the plague. That's not a very forthright showing for someone who supposedly is interested in the safety of other shooters and not in a smear campaign against the manufacturer.

I think T/C has a damned good case against whomever represented them for incompetent representation at this point. At the very least they have multiple grounds for a retrial and/or appeal. If they are successful on either motion, they may likely have a pretty good case for libel as well.

You really are confused and your statements are absurd.

Do you know how an Encore works? In the T/C Arms own Encore commercial says …..”2 screws and one pin….new gun”.

I think it does not matter what I say here…. some of you guys you would pontificate and attack no matter what.

Last edited by Brian_Ward; 06/01/15.