Hello everyone,
this is my first post ever on 24 hrs.
My main hunt is the driven on russian boars (very thick skinned guys)using.30-06 and .444 Marlin so far...I do plan to use 7mm RM or a 300 Winnie in the future.
That said, I'm a selftaught handloader (I whish to thank all of you American guys who gave me all I needed) and I did most of my experience using a Browning BAR Mk II. Now I changed it for a Blaser R8 semiweight fluted barrel (22").
I'd wish to place thousand of questions here but first I would like to share my recipes.
Self loading rifles need milder loads.
I did always use Lee Factory Crimp Dies for proper feeding, this is a further element of variability.
I tried most of conventional and premium bullets, good results with the Hornady IL 180 grains Round Nose...on the top of
- 47.5 grs of IMR-4064
- 53.5 of IMR-4350
- 51.0 of Vihtavuori N-550
- 55.0 of IMR-4831,
COAL 81,25 mm., Winchester brass SMALL BASE sized, CCI 200 primers.
Longest shot 230 m., shorter 3 m. (charging critter)! The bullet exited most of times but when recovered it was perfectly mushroomed and I've never experienced core/jacket separation.
Round Nose are better over spire points where thick brush is like to be around.
Best accuracy with TBCC 180 (old shape) say 6x12mm group, 47.0 of 4064, unfortunately way too long for my magazine (BAR)...but not in the Blaser.

Happy new year!