I only hunt in Alaska and for several years I have been using the Barnes 168 grain TTSX bullet, Norma Brass, Fed. 210 Match primers and 58 grains of H4350 in my old Mod. 70 Featherweight 30-06. Getting about 2,836 fps mv.

Recoils less and shoots flatter then my old 200 grain Partition with H4831 but penetration is similar. Also used to use the 180 grain X bullet and 60 grains of RL 19 for about 2,800 fps mv.

I want to try Hunter and a mag primer with the 168 TTSX and a 220 grain Partition for a close range big bear load.

If I lived in the "states" I would try the 168 grain Accubond Long Range bullet. Info says it only needs 1,300 fps mv for expansion. Sounds like a perfect match for the 30-06 case and a good "all around" load for elk deer, etc.

I hit a caribou with the 168 grain TTSX behind the last rib on a raking shot as it was walking away from me in the woods at about 60 yards. The bullet came out of the off shoulder going through the scapula on exit. A good three feet of penetration and the caribou just dropped. I would be ok using this load on our big brown bears.