Originally Posted by RoninPhx
you can lead the horse to water?
i am up to two three screw blackhawks now in the .410 caliber.
On the other hand chatting with a gunwriter today i know about some guy up north that likes to shoot those things at elmer keith ranges. the 44 that is.
probably would do better if was using a 41

Lotsa Gunwriters out there today. Anybody we know?

Do they know the famous RJM? cool

As awesome as the .41 is, sticking strictly with .44 magnum chambered guns and simply loading 3 levels of loads (light .44 Special equivalent, medium "all around" and elk/Mack Truck/ Dinosaur) has proven to be about ideal (for me).

BTW, I was up in Keith Country last weekend at a friend's who is a well known trainer in the gun industry for a social gathering/shoot and a couple of us did lob a few rounds at some steel up on the hill.

Part of the shoot was a revolver shoot, but instead of my usual .44, I decided to run a 4" pinned and recessed Model 19 that my dad gave me as a B-day gift a few years back. We ran an old school qual course. It was loads of fun. Normally I am just shooting Jacks with my .38, and I had never actually put the Model 19 on paper. That thing was a tackdriver and the DA was dang smooth. I need to carve on the left grip panel though, as it is not set up for speedloaders.

Guys also ran the MARSOC qual course with rifles, but since I just had back surgery the week prior, and the wife threatened to kill me if I re-injure myself, I opted out pretty much all of the rifle stuff.

Fun times!

Speaking of lobbing rounds at long range, here is a pic the RJM took, when he came to visit. the gun is my 4" 29-2.

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com