Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

There is a bit of a backstory behind the grips. I have had the grips shown on the 4" M29 shown above for 20 some odd years. Fancy Herretts Ropers. They have even been featured in one of John Taffin's books. Bob (RJM52) had admired them in the past. Fast forward a ways. He recently has been urging me to start producing 41 Mag and 41 Special ammo, as well as .38 Super ammo. Problem was I did not own any guns chambered for those cartridges and I won't make ammo without being able to thoroughly test it.

So, Bob being Bob has his guy mail me some of his personal guns out, including a 5" Model 27 that was rebuilt into a .41 Mag.

The fancy grips on the 4" Model 29 that you guys were admiring originally were on his 41 Mag.

Bob however informed me that they were a bit too large for his hands. They are custom grips but he could not recall the maker. Well, he had always admired my fancy walnut Herretts Ropers, so he should be receiving those this week. We swapped and both ended up with grips that fit each of our hands better. Plus I think of all the people I know, Bob is definitely the guy I would like to have those fancy Herretts that I have carried all over the place. smile

Mountains and desert

So, a pretty good trade! cool

Mac, Good trade, indeed.. and story. 😊

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH