Originally Posted by bruinruin
I'm not posting a gun pic, but I do have a .44 Magnum related question. What charge of H110 would you guys recommend under this bullet for white tails under 100 yds from either my 7.5" Redhawk or my short Marlin 1894P?
[Linked Image]

Bullet is a 310 gr. WFNGC from a Lee mold. I cast them from wheel weights and lubed them with the old Lyman Ideal lube. I don't feel a need to load them to max, but would be interested to hear what you all consider max load and speed to be and what would good deer capable, mid to upper velocity load would be. I'd prefer to stay with H110 because I'm familiar with it, but also have Unique, Power Pistol and Longshot on hand.

Plinking recipes not requested for this bullet-I have other, more lead thrifty molds for that purpose.

Thanks.

Id suggest 21 grains of H110, its what Ive used for decades, you can load hotter but I found that works the best in my revolver with both the lee 310 grain, the lyman 300 grain and the NEI 330 gc
all three bullet weights sized .430 and cast from 95% ww and 5% tin, and all three with the same 21 grain powder charge.
all seated out to just short of cylinder length, but I found the NEI 330 works better in my 445 DWSM as it takes up to much case volume in a 44 mag

Last edited by 340mag; 11/12/13.