Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
The grips on this old 629 were a gift from your Enabler.

While I am normally not a fan of rubber grips, I am a very big fan of these. For one thing, they fit my hand exceptionally well, plus the actual material has just the perfect amount of "give" to it, and I REALLY like the retro 1980s look. It matches the gun perfectly to my eye. It is probably sacrilege to some, but I took a set of Herretts Ropers off, and put these Camo Pachs on! shocked laugh

[Linked Image]

I love those grips, McKay, but take my opinion with a grain of salt because I'm not an aficionado in that I'm the guy who prefers Hogue finger groove grips to all others on my Smiths and I still call them grips because stocks sounds stupid and a little snobby because the rest of the world knows them as grips.

.41s are awesome, .44 specials are incredible but .44 Mags are near a spiritual experience. Owning a .44 must be a little like what my Texas Aggie friends must have felt like upon receiving their diplomas: though you are normal or maybe inferior that object gives you boost in self confidence, real or imagined, that when you hold it makes you feel superior.