Big Lost.

The wind coming down over Willow Creek Summit had a bit of a bite to it. To be honest a December hunt in that part of the country is not a hunt I would suggest, unless you enjoy frostbite and windburn.

Truck engines don't like to start sometimes, cameras don't work (fingers don't either when you are quartering up animals), pull start chainsaws and generators give you a workout, etc, etc

Lots of critters out though. We probably saw a hundred speed goats over towards Challis. Bunch of elk hanging out in the hay fields around Challis, as well as deer in town. Couple of nice bucks along with a couple of smaller 3 pointers across from the hardware/grocery store.

Pictured below is the "old" man and I. He still trucks up mountains, leaving most gasping for breath. It helps that he lives in the mountains and walks daily throughout the area. I could only hope to be half as active as he is when I turn 70, which he will in a couple of months.

[Linked Image]

My wife took this picture when she came up. She also had a tag.

The weather turned nice, with little wind to speak of. Great for long range shooting, hence why my dad has his Sako TRG42 cradled in his arms. We intended to get my wife set up for a long shot.

Sadly it warmed up and the warmer weather coupled with the full moon we had last week killed the hunting. They decided to seek their entertainment elsewhere I guess.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com