Originally Posted by bruinruin
I'm not posting a gun pic, but I do have a .44 Magnum related question. What charge of H110 would you guys recommend under this bullet for white tails under 100 yds from either my 7.5" Redhawk or my short Marlin 1894P?
[Linked Image]

Bullet is a 310 gr. WFNGC from a Lee mold. I cast them from wheel weights and lubed them with the old Lyman Ideal lube. I don't feel a need to load them to max, but would be interested to hear what you all consider max load and speed to be and what would good deer capable, mid to upper velocity load would be. I'd prefer to stay with H110 because I'm familiar with it, but also have Unique, Power Pistol and Longshot on hand.

Plinking recipes not requested for this bullet-I have other, more lead thrifty molds for that purpose.

Thanks.

That is a FINE looking bullet. I really like the looks of those. I would say about 22 grains of H110 would be perfect. With that wide flat nose, that would be a Stomper of a handgun hunting round.

I would say with a 310 grain bullet and that charge, That should get you in the realm of 1200 fps realistically. That is plenty hot enough to knock the snot out of whatever needs thumped on.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com