Originally Posted by shaman
I am not an expert on American/Israeli affairs. I can't and won't comment on that.

However, Cincinnati has a large prosperous Jewish population. Cincinnati was a magnet for Germans, Jewish as well as Catholic and Protestant. I live in a suburb of Cincinnati that has a large enough Jewish population that the schools close for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. My family chose to live here, and have chosen to live close to Jews for hundreds of years. We find them to be good neighbors, good businessmen, and good professionals. They have enhanced our lives for generations.

I won't give you stories. For whatever reason, it would seem the attention span of a lot of you seems attenuated today. However, I will say that once you have done a good turn for Jews and shown them respect, they almost uniformly return it with loyalty. I prospered in my career the most when working for Jews, and when my life was at its darkest it was Jews who helped me the most. They are above all things fair. They remember kindness. They honor God.

Were it to come to it, I believe I would have to stand with the Jews in this town. If any group like that would be oppressed, then it is only a matter of time before that power would turn on me and mine. You screw with our Jews, you've got an enemy, Period.

Well said sir. Sounds like my neighborhood in Denver.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10