Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by natman
I'm currently enjoying Giri/Haji (Duty/Shame), a series on Netflix. It's the story of a Japanese policeman whose missing brother was a yakuza gangster. He gets information that his brother may be alive and hiding in London and he goes there to find out. Most of the dialog is in English, there are some scenes in Japanese with subtitles. Very well acted, extremely well written with well developed characters with both virtues and flaws. This is not a stamped out police flick; a lot of thought went into writing it. Very entertaining.

I finished Giri/Haji and it turned out to be even better than I thought. There's a scene on a rooftop in the last episode that demonstrates the main character's deep and deeply conflicted feelings towards the other characters in a way that was both beautiful and a complete surprise. I didn't see it coming at all, but I was sure glad I saw it.

Highly recommended.

Well, I was about half watching and looked up to see two twinks f*ucking! Could have done without that image.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?