Originally Posted by miguel
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Tinkered around and got Cinema HD working again last night. Had to delete it and Downloader and start from scratch, but I'm gtg again now with the no-ad version of Cinema HD, and using the new MX Player.

The world is again, my oyster.

Lol.

I downloaded Cinema HD to the fire stick yesterday and WOW! I think I could get rid of Amazon and Netflix and not be missing anything. Everything I looked for I found on Cunema HD. What does the MX player do?

miguel, MX player has been popular for Android for quite a while. 500M downloads, according to them. It got its popularity as a player on Android phones. i never used it that way. Troy of Troypoint.com suggests its use with no-ad Cinema HD. Ads are the #1 complaint with users of the new MX player on their Android phones. Since I'm running it with no-ad Cinema HD, I have zero problems with that. Troy's video on his site shows you how to set it all up.

What I do notice is I can run larger streams up to 1G and above in 1080p without buffering on my older Fire stick. It is also very easy to watch movies and TV shows with subtitles. I watched an Italian movie with subtitles last night called The Immortal, which is related to the excellent tv series Gomorrah. There used to be a learning curve to using subtitles. I have been using mostly Opensubtitles.org for ~ 3 years. But, the MX player made it seamless and painless last night watching The Immortal.

From Troypoint.com site:

"One of the main reasons streamers love MX Player is for its ability to use Subtitles and advanced hardware acceleration.

Oftentimes, using MX Player will result in little to no buffering for all your Movie and TV Show selections!

Because of this feature, we have included MX Player in our Firestick Buffering Guide."

Last edited by local_dirt; 03/10/21.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH