Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Watched The Liberator on Netflix, based on the combat experiences of the 157th Regiment, 45th ID in WWII. Pretty good, overall.

Get past the first episode which makes a big deal about how the men fought together but couldn't go to the same bar together - you think it's going to be all revisionist "systemic racism" stuff at first. But it picks up a lot after that and episodes 2, 3 and 4 are pretty darn good, really good in places.

It's done in a form of rotoscoping or animation over live action and sometimes that takes away from the impact since it reduces the figures to cartoons; I also spotted a few military inaccuracies. But that's nit picking, don't let any of that get in the way of just watching the story. I give it four stars at least.

i finally figured it was about time to watch "the Liberator" on the 45 regiment during WWII. It had specific impact to me, as of a certain member of the 45th, a well known figure at the time, broughty home a schutzenfest rifle picked up as they went into germany.. beautiful single shot rifle and in a off caliber, has silver enlay logos on buttstock with innitials, whose i have never been able to find out. it sat in a closet for many years due to the ammunition question, until my grubby paws got on it. i got the brass, lead bullets, dies, and could load for it, but have never shot it.
sure on my mind after watching the movie.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO