Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Here's a not good flick on Netflix - Seven Kings Must Die. Well, it may be okay but I shut it off for reason to be revealed.

It's a two hour finale movie for the series "The Last Kingdom", which I really, really liked. If you don't know the series this next part won't mean anything to you.

Aethelstan, the son of King Edward, was raised by the main character, Uhtred, to be a brave warrior and wise future king, basically a good guy like his mentor Uhtred. At the start of the movie, Edward has died and now Aethelstan must assume the throne before his brother, who also has a somewhat legitimate claim to it.

Trouble is, Aethelstan has come under the influence of some warrior priest who is a conniving, manipulating type, pouring poison into Aethelstan's ear at every turn.

Okay, I can live with that, there were other conniving types in the series who got their just comeuppance. Then it's revealed that Aethelstan, the bad ass, morally strong young warrior from the earlier series, is having a homo affair with said warrior priest.

It was at that point that I shut the damn thing off.

Thanks for the warning. We just finished the series and were going to watch the movie soon. I have had to turn several series off recently when Amazon couldn't let the homo stuff go.