Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by slumlord
Had a previous pastor

Was against Halloween...

But was ok with having an Easter egg hunt on church property. I called him out on that one. lol
He was sputtering like Sylvestor the cat.

Pastors should know better. Christians commonly celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ often throughout the year. Many set aside Easter on the calendar for recognizing the same resurrection following the sacrifice.
To accommodate the pagan influence of fertility worship or practices is wrong. Hide and seek of children and prizes any other time of year just for fun and not as a pagan practice is one thing.
But I don't think the Lord is pleased with us teaching children fertility games like the heathens.

Deuteronomy 11:28
"And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known."

18:9,10
"When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch...",

Do you even know the origin and the true meaning of Samhaim, commonly known as All Saints Day, All Hallows Day, and the Feast of All Saints. Do you know what happens on that day? Obviously you don't, but as usual, the Church Religious propaganda pushers spew their ignorance in some kind of proclomation and call it Christian truth. But oh boy, when Christmas gets here they are all about Winter Solstice with some of them knowing it was not the birth of Christ. Sad, so so sad.