Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I'm not impressed. The Ehrman guy is a skilled debater, but he denies obvious fundamentals of the Scriptures.
He graduated from Moody Bible Institute with a degree in Bible Theology. He learned to read the ancient languages that the Bible manuscripts were written in, including Biblical Greek, and he’s read and studied the oldest copies that we have. Extensively. He got his B.A. from Wheaton, and his M.Div. and Ph.D from Princeton Theological Seminary; his baccalaureate and doctorate were conferred magna cum laude. These significant accomplishments were all to expand his knowledge and deepen his faith as a born-again Evangelical Christian. He taught at Rutgers, and now he teaches for the Department of Religious Studies at UNC Chapel Hill. I see his biography as being very impressive.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Actually I believe the Epistles and books of the Bible are the credible documents from God to mankind.
It’s likely that the overwhelming majority of people who profess to be Christians believe that very thing as well. I don’t think most people…believers or not…have much of a problem with people choosing to believe that.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.