Originally Posted by efw
I’ve noticed a pattern of this OP posting stuff I am not a fan of so the vast majority of the time I don’t even look.

When I do I find it interesting what I see.

Invariably you have HC doing his thing, and then there is a group of individuals saying that everyone is free to think whatever they want about religion, and that HC’s willingness to condemn people for their opinions means he is going to hell… or that there is a hot spot there for him… or something like that.

Let the circularity of that sink in please.

Its telling that people in a place that is predominantly Conservative/libertarian get caught up in this. We’re the ones who are supposed to stand for reasoned, civil debate at best, or at worst tolerance?

My parents repeated a mantra to me as a kid, “I may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Doesn’t seem to be the ideal anymore, especially for those who most doggedly claim open mindedness as a first principle.

Very good points. From what I've read halloween is a pagan holiday. So I see no connection to it and the church. There seems to be a deeper problem in the church world today though. We have more programs for this or that and have elaborate and costly buildings yet our nation is diving deeper into sin. Many here opine the state of America and our gutless leaders and many of those same people tear into the OP as often as possible. So what can be done to fix what's wrong with America? The simple answer is an honest to goodness conversion that Jesus Christ died on the cross for. If everyone made Christ the center of their lives many of the problems we see would be gone. Now back to bashing whoever and forget about any honest debate about fixing things.

Last edited by Jim1611; 10/25/21.