We try our best to no celebrate Halloween. KYHillChick and I live at the end of a dead-end street off another dead-end street. When my folks lived in the house, the got maybe 10 trick-or-treaters at the door. Since we've been living there, I haven't seen any. Nobody who has trudged that far wants to go up the steep driveway. We just keep the lights out.

It didn't used to be that way. When my sons were young, they enjoyed it, and we lived in a neighborhood that was heavily into it-- with one huge exception.

There was a family that lived down the street from us that used to put out this really odd decoration. It was a plywood cut-out of a sheep ringed in bright red ribbon lights. There was also a black cross similarly decorated. Some Christian family had decided to decorate their house this way. The sheep was bigger-than-life, more like cow size. We speculated it was supposed to be the Lamb of God, but the whole tableau looked more like a Black Angus Bull knocking over headstones in the cemetery. During the day it was freaky, because the cutouts were not lit. At night it was just plain weird.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer