Originally Posted by AcesNeights
High protein, low carbs. Water, vitamin and protein supplements and exercise….a lot of exercise. 40 pounds is a lot to lose in 2 months. In people that lose that much in a short period it’s usually because they had gastric surgery. I’m certainly not suggesting gastric surgery 😁 but emulating their diet would do the same. There are plenty of gastric surgical websites that you can access menus and diet recommendations. Exercise will be crucial too.

I’m sure you’ll do great and I wish you the best of luck. 👍

This! Look for the liver cleanse diet they have you do before gastric sleeve surgery. It's only about 800 cals per day and would be very hard to do long term. I lost 15 pounds my first 2 weeks on it. It cleans things out and helps you lower your blood sugars and glycogen in the liver and helps you retain less water. Two months would be tough mentally but it's an achievable goal in a must do situation.

I once had to loose some weight fast and did the lemonade cleanse where I had nothing for 21 days but a lemonade made from fresh lemons and grade b maple syrup. I dropped the 20 pounds on time but it came back quickly.

I was down 76 pounds since November but have gained about 10 back the last few months between vacations, a good battle with covid, and just general diet burn out. I need to get back on the wagon and loose another 40 by November.

I've had good luck in the past with interment fasting and the old original LA weightloss plan before they started pushing their own pre made food. I carried around a little book and marked off the number of each food group I ate each day and glasses of water. I felt really healthy after a few months of that but it was hard to eat 5 servings of veggies a away and 4 servings of fruit with only 3 of carbs 2 of fat and 4 of protein. It seamed like a ton of food but it was good natural fresh cooked or raw. Made me realize how poorly I'd usually eaten but I lost 50 pounds overall in 4 months while adding 16 pounds of muscle.

If I had to do it in a hurry the pre baritric surgery liver cleanse and some intermittent fasting is what I'd try. And drink lots a water.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 08/15/22.