Originally Posted by Nebraska
In mid-June I decided to start eating healthier and ran across Dr Jason Fung's info on intermittent fasting. It made a ton of sense so I decided to give that technique a try (along with eating better food). My goal wasn't to loose weight quickly but I definitlely did. I weighed myself after 4 weeks and had lost 32 lbs. Initially I cut carbs but after listening to the "Whole 30" I have since started eating some fruit with my daily meal (berries, apple, bannana, etc.) as well. The crazy thing is I don't get hungry like I used to and feel I could go a lot longer between meals if I wanted or needed to do so. My memory and focus have improved a great deal as well which is a bonus!

I haven't weighed myself since but did lose another notch on the belt so I'm confident I've lost more weight since then. I was after a lifestyle change and not a number so I decided the only time I will step on a scale going forward will be when I visit my doctor for my yearly physical (which I have next week). Either way, I feel 100x better and am looking forward to seeing my progress for the 1st time in a long time!

This is definitely worth a watch if you're interested in getting healthy!

Weighed in at my physical today and I've lost 50 lbs in 68 days. I went from 303 to 253 with BP of 120/74. Waiting on the rest of my lab work but I'm sure it'll be light years better than where I was last year. I'm not shooting for any numbers so no stepping on scales, counting calories, etc. Just planning on getting healthier and staying that way through better nutrition and regular activity/exercise......good luck to anyone else doing the same!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!