By a coincidence, I started a weight loss program 5 weeks ago. I was 6-3 and 262 pounds. What a hog! I already was out walking 3 miles, 3 days a week. And riding the exercise bike at the gym, 30 minutes, 2 days a week.

I like carbs, and always eat a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Yesterday for lunch, a cup of black beans microwaved with 1 oz. of cheddar cheese, you would be hard pressed to find a more nutritious meal. Fiber, protein, B vitamins, and good, complex carbs. I do like meat, last night had a 12 oz. grilled ribeye.

To lose weight, I eliminated chocolate and sweet desserts, like ice cream or key lime pie, and Reeces Peanut Butter Cups. I love a damn Reeces, and they are nothing but fat and sugar. And the number one thing I did is to cut back on the booze. I was drinking 4 beers every evening, along with a glass or two of wine. That is about 700 calories every day, just from booze. I am Irish and we like to drink. Every 5 days, 3500 calories from booze, that turns in to one pound of fat every 5 days from booze.

I cut back to where I only drink 2 or 3 days a week.
I have been losing, at a nice steady pace, 2 pounds a week. I have lost 10 pounds, almost 11, in five weeks. I can feel my belly is smaller, and I feel more energetic when I go walking. I have a nice balance beam scale in the bathroom, it is a great thing to keep track of weight loss.

I am going to lose at least 20 more pounds. At 6-3 and 232 I will be in pretty good shape. Might go down to 222, just to see how that goes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]