Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by smokepole
Last, my comment about the thread being epic had nothing to do with any reports that you or anybody else made on your accomplishments. My comment was about the pissing contest this thread turned out to be. Which is a shame because the backpacking forum used to be devoid of that kind of bullsh*t.

I really don’t like being lied to. I won’t tolerate it and I don’t care which forum it’s on.

If someone makes claims like have been posted here that competitive powerlifters would be proud of, and someone questions them, they better be able to back it up with evidence or just accept the fact that the BS flag will fly.

If they back it up, I’ll be the first to congratulate them!

You are fùcking clueless if you think a 500lb squat is something "competitive powerlifters would be proud of". It's not that big of a deal.

In fact I asked a buddy I went to college with who is now a teacher/coach (football and powerlifting) in texas how many kids he has had squat 500 or more in his 7yrs of coaching (4a, 3a, and 2a high schools), he's had NINE high school boys squat over 500 and ONE squat over 600. Just because you are clueless doesn't mean something is impossible.

I played football college (albeit a D3 university, but very competitive) as an offensive lineman (ie a large human). Just about all of us were squatting over 500 and benching over 300. Hang clean was a weak lift for me at 275, due to lack of flexibility in my ankles. My numbers were EXTREMELY average. Nothing to brag about

It’s probably average for high school and college athletes who are complete roid freaks.

No way that’s happening natural.

You are clueless and it shows.