Originally Posted by Puddle
Originally Posted by olgrouser
Anyone load up any Lapua 185 gr. (G574) bullets for their 9.3 rifles??

I bought a couple hundred to "plink" and sight in my scopes riding on my Tikka T3 that's sitting in a B&C Medalist stock. A light load to replicate a 30-06 per se.

Yup. I use them for walking around field practice, not for wacking any game.

I use 52 gr. - 53 gr. of H4895 for 2,300+ fps. Could easily go much faster, but for what I'm doing it suffices.

Got a hold of some more new Lapua brass, checked my limited supply of 232 grain Oryx bullets and loaded up a couple dozen Lapua 185 grainers to sight in my Tikka 9.3x62 with a new scope.

The 185s loaded up with 53 gr. of H4895 printed about 3" higher than my old load for 250 grain TSX bullets but as to be expected. Like other Scenar style bullets from Lapua these too printed tight groups on my first outing at the range. VIHT lists a C.O.L. 3.091 inch for the 185 bullet much shorter than the TSXs listed at 3.205 in the Barnes manual.

I'm in for the draw of a moose hunt with a possible bear tag in NB. Either the Oryx or TSX bullets will do the job on the big game while any grouse fluttering about will get the 185ers.

The manuals state loads for 250 grainers with IMR 4895, 4064 and Varget to be around 56 grains of powder as maximum and I will slowly load up to those limits.

Anyone else have loads for the light 185 gr. Lapuas?

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell