I must say that I have been a true diehard GM Owner for several years. The trucks that dad and I have had, have been mostly Chevy trucks and we had very few problems out if them. I currently own a 2006 Chevy 2500HD 4X4 with the Duramax and Allison Transmission (6 Speed). It has about 45,000 miles on it. I must say that truck is a beast as far as towing and hauling. I bought it for the long haul to tow my campers and farm tractors. I will have it until the wheels fall off. It has got as high as 22.8 MPG on a trip but usually fuel mileage is 18 MPG or less in the mountains.

Yet I still desire to buy another gas powered (non-diesel) truck to run around in and maybe to travel in. Even though I am a diehard GM man I would probably buy a crew cab Toyota Tundra if I was buying. Here is why. I have had 2 full sized Chevy trucks (2003 GMC 1500 and my current 2500HD) and the intermediate steering shaft gave trouble on both of them at a certain mileage. The steering gets a thud in it when you hit ruts or bumps on the road. Chevy may have fixed that on the newer trucks, but that really ticked me off that they did not cure that on the earlier trucks. Also there are issues or were issues (pump rub) with the transfer case on the 4X4 GM trucks. That might have been cured after the 2008 models? Also I have read where the 5.3 Liter GM engine burns alot of oil after so many miles. I know a guy at work that has 2006 Chevy with the 5.3 Liter. It uses a quart or more between oil changes. Chevy place told him that was normal oil usage. Well to me having to worry about adding oil is not for me. I also know a guy that has a Chevy Tahoe with several miles on it and it use�s 2 or 3 quarts of oil in between changes. Just do a search on the net on this subject.

In the past few years I have lost faith in GM just for those reasons. I would buy Toyota Tundra in a heartbeat. I would even consider a Ford believe it or not (can't believe I said that). It all boils down to buying a dependable truck that will give little to no problems. According to the reviews I read the Toyota Tundra fits that to a T.

NEVER GIVE UP