Point being...THEIR HOME government.

Yah, but subsidization by their government/lack of equalizing import tariffs, gave them an edge over American manufacturers at a time when the Feds were coming up with new regs/roadblocks almost on a monthly basis, some of which tended to impair product development/sales here.

Then there's the established union situation at American plants, none of which were impediments to eventually moving Jap production here. And if not mistaken, tax incentives for those Jap-owned plants, were another factor in most states?

If ya recall, the Japs made serious inroads in the small truck market, at a time US manufacturers weren't geared towards developing their own small trucks? Once the "toehold" was established and Americans began to buy Toyotas, Datsuns and Mazda pickups, US mfrs. finally got into the small truck market, but were already at somewhat of a disadvantage.

What did it take for Toyota to finally produce a "full size" pickup, 20 years? And the original Tundras weren't really "full size", as they are now.

Toyota makes a pretty good truck, but I've never really wanted one. Closest I ever came to buying a Taco, was in '02, but the Chevy S-10 ZR2 was thousands cheaper at the time, with factory rebates.

Few problems with the GMC/Chevy pickups I've driven over the past 42 years and only one was not made in the USA (had a '69 Canadian C-10). No reason to change that I can think of?

Everyone else is free to choose their own poison? ;O)

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.