..but I can tell you for sure my dad had hard feelings this way and I did not buy anything Japanese while he was alive..Yes, I see both sides of it..

So do I. My dad was drafted long before Pearl Harbor, had the "guided tour" of Europe in '44 and '45, was discharged in October of '45, long afer VE Day. He was very testy about Japanese stuff, when it began showing up here in the 50s and 60s (radios, etc).

Ex-Father in law served in the Navy, lost an older brother in the Bataan Death March, understandably was even crankier than my dad, about Jap imports.

Can recall when a bro inlaw bought his wife a new Mitsubishi Gallant some years back. Their WWII vet neighbor pointed out that Mitsubishi had manufactured the Zero and many still-existing Jap industrial giants like Mitsubishi, had profited from slave labor during the war, including GI POWs.

Much of that will eventually disappear, as WWII vets are in scarce supply these days.

Yeah, they now manufacture many foreign vehicles in the USA. In most instances, the profits go back to the parent companies.

I drive GM trucks and have had a coupla Dodge trucks. Lots of foreign parts in 'em today. Some are made in Mexico (none that I have owned). So be it.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.