A guy at work just bought a 2012 4x4 Crew Max Tundra with the big V-8. I sat in it and I must say it has plenty of room in it and is a heck of a nice truck. He traded a 2006 Chevy with the 5.3 Vortec that was using alot of oil. I have read and heard about the oil issue with the Chevy 1500's. It does tick me off that there is an issue there and GM seems to ignore it. Just like the steering shaft issue that plagued certain year models. Has that turned me completely against GM trucks, well not yet, but another truck brand has been on my mind.

I have been a die hard Chevy man for years and do have the 2006 HD with the Duramax. It is a heck of a truck and does a good job for what it was designed for. Only bad thing about it is it is not too good for a run around grocery getter. Like all trucks Chevy have had their fair share of issues. Ford and the others have also had their problems, one being the 6.0 Powerstroke. Does that mean that all Fords are bad? Heck no. I am sure that they build some pretty good trucks. Would I buy one? Don't really know because there has been this Ford against Chevy rivalry in my brain since I was a kid. Same way on the race track each week, I want a Chevy to beat the fords and the rest of them. I think we all can get caught up in that way of thinking. We want to think that out brand is better than someone else�s brand. I believe that is what is wrong with MIVHNTR.

In the future I am thinking about buying me another 1/2 ton or smaller gas powered truck. I would consider a Chevy, Tundra or maybe a Ford, who knows. As far as GM taking a bailout that does not bother me one bit. There are other things to worry about in this life and GM taking a bailout is not going to cause me to get my dandruff up. Go out and buy whatever brand of vehicle you want and be happy. No matter what you buy someone is going to have some negative comment about it. Who cares as long as you are happy. Like the song goes, don�t worry be happy.

NEVER GIVE UP