Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Originally Posted by Idared
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Your "truck" company is headquartered here.

toyota motor corporation
Company Address
Head Office 1 Toyota-Cho, Toyota City, Aichi Prefecture 471-8571, Japan

So you are saying you are cool with "Your" truck's company having a Michigan address and a "Made in Mexico" sticker on it?

BTW, I am cool with "my" truck's company address in Japan with a "Made in the USA" sticker.

It's tough to buy "Made in the USA" anymore. I even bought a Snap-on multi tool the other day that turned out to be made in China. mad

I'm happy to say my truck helped put money in the pocket of U.S. workers. smile

Ford no doubt builds good trucks, but so does Toyota.

Here we go with a basic economics lesson again.
Ford is an American company and the money stays in the USA.

toyota is a Japanese company. The money goes to Japan. This contributes to the trade deficit and this makes you happy?
Some people just don't get it.

I dont have a dog in this fight, But the way I see it. Fords' corperate offices are here in the USA, but the $ doesn't stay here cause they do have to pay the corperations in Mexico (or wherever else they have things built for them) or they wouldn't do the work for them. Toyota actually pays more American employees to build their stuff here. So why is one better than the other? Personally I like the fact that toyota is employing the woeking class here, where as ford is paying the big wigs here and the working class in Mexico. YMMV.

Steak, It's my favorite vegetable!