Everyone has their own opinions on things and trucks are no different. Most, including mine, are worth what you pay for them and are not really a true cross section of anything.

Up until a couple of years ago I had owned exactly two trucks in the previous 34 years. The first one was a 1975 Cevy 3/4 ton 4wd and it was a decent truck although it never saw 10 mpg. It went through 3 transmissions and the body finally rusted through. I did drive it until 1994 when I bought a new Isuzu 4wd regular cab with short box. This was a great truck on both the highway and off road hunting. It was very reliable, economical to drive and cost me practically nothing in repairs for the 15 years I owned it. The problem with it was it wouldn't pull my Wifes 28 foot travel trailer.

I presently happen to have a 2007 Tundra and it is a great truck. It is as well made as any other half ton truck and probably better than some. It handles the travel trailer well and it doesn't break me at the gas pump. It doesn't do as well as my little Isuzu did but for its size it isn't bad. And yes, it is MORE MADE IN AMERICA than any other half ton truck. It was designed and engineered in this country and United States workers got payed to build it. My Dad was also in WORLD WAR II in the South Pacific and he always said he could see the day when "Made in Japan" was going to stand for quality. I doubt that he ever imagined that it would be quite like it is today but he did tell me several times my Isuzu was a better truck than his Ford Ranger. I had to agree with him on that.

Now to be quite honest, I really think it is hard to buy a real bad truck nowdays. I realize there are lemons in any brand but overall they are all pretty good trucks. It boils down to personal preference way more than one brand being really that much better than another. I personally won't buy a GM or Dodge for obvious reasons. That narrows things a good bit and I decided on a used Toyota a couple of years ago. I'm not sorry and think few others would be either if personal preference didn't get in the way. I would probably be happy with a Ford also, but I doubt it would thrill me anymore than my Tundra does.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink