Originally Posted by VAhuntr

This is the kind of information I have been looking for. People that have experience with both trucks. In your opinion, what makes you feel the Tundra is the better truck?

I really like the thoughts of the EcoBoost but I don't want to be part of Ford's R&D for this engine. It is obviously a powerful engine but my concern is its complexity and its long term reliability.

Everything about the Tundra felt new and tight up to the day I traded it. It had 90K miles on it when it went to Ford. Suspension, steering, windows, interior, doors...everything was working and still felt new.

The only reason I got rid of it, is because my kids didn't fit in the back seat anymore. Mine was a 2006, so it was the smaller body style. Mine was an SR5 model so there wasn't anything fancy on it. Same with my current F-150 which is the XLT w/chrome and the Max Tow package.

I drove the ecoboost and the v-8. The Eco-boost was OK to me. The dealer sold plenty of both. The EB didn't get the gas mileage as advertised and the 5.0L v-8 has lots of power. I pull a #5500 boat/motor/gear around almost every weekend and you barely know it's back there.

Camp is where you make it.