Originally Posted by Idared
Originally Posted by walt501
Less desirable product? Quick, name 10 innovations the Japanese have brought to the car and truck market. Go!

Inovations don't necessarily drive vehicle sales. There are many other things that cause Mr. or Mrs. customer to favor one product over another. Reliability is a big one. It's up to the automotive companies to listen and respond. For starters why did two of the big three in the U.S. need to be bailed out. It sure wasn't because they sold too many vehicles was it? Something else was obviously more desireable than their vehicles in the customer's eyes. And don't try to pawn it off on the "people are stupid" theory. Remember the phrase, "The customer is always right". The customer didn't like what somebody was selling so they went elsewhere.

Ford to their credit held on without needing bailout money. I commend them for that. But, I still like their competitor's truck better so that's what I bought even though it cost more money. Obviously you don't agree and that is your privelege. But if you think a vehicle made in the United States with a foreign companies name on it is automatically inferior to one with an American name on it you are only fooling yourself. It's thinking like that that allowed the foreign companies to get their foot in the door to begin with.

Since YOU brought up companies that needed to be bailed out because "Something else was obviously more desireable than their vehicles in the customer's eyes." and "The customer didn't like what somebody was selling so they went elsewhere."

Here's some news for you.
YOUR company, toyota, got bailed out by the Japanese government. How could this have happened? Especially since you've posted this insightful pile of BS: "I will say that from what I have observed the Tundra 5.7 will out pull any half ton truck with a gas engine on the road." Evidently, more than a few people disagree with your astute observation and find the toyota to be lacking.

You can talk about others being fooled, but you're the one that has been fooled. Big time. To make it even more laughable, you even admitted to paying more money to do it. P. T. Barnum sure had this one right.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon