Looking back to about 1991 with our GMC/Chev. trucks, I can "recall" maybe three or four mfr. recalls on probably 7 vehicles? Most were for minor issues.

That'd be three S-body trucks and one S Blazer (all 4x4s); Two full sized 4x4s; The boss chick's '06 Colorado crew cab 4x4.

"Worst" recall, was for a possible defective brake light switch on the Colorado, when it was about a year old?

Mechanical issues, covered under warranties: Elec. wiring probs in the '91 S10 (pinched wire harness in console); Bad 5 spd. tranny in her '94 GMC Sonoma. Not sure if it was "operator error" or a defect, (free extended drive train warranty on that deal); Probs with remote door lock (rear hatch) on the '97 Blazer.

Bad tailgate strap on my S-10 ZR2; Replaced V6 intake gasket, same truck (35,000 miles); Two engine sensors, Fan switch/motor on '06 Sierra; Power steering box seal leak, same truck (replaced with new box); Replaced one emer. brake cable on the Colorado; New ignition switch, Colorado.

So that's 7 new vehicles over a 20 year period. Most had 45,000 to 50,000 miles when traded on another new one. One had about 60,000 miles. The Colorado is now around 33,000 miles. My '10 Silverado Z71 is now at almost 20K.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.