Originally Posted by Idared

It's obvious you like the above statement. Well, that line of thinking is exactley what helped countries outside the U.S. get a foothold in the auto and truck market, among other things, in this country. Rather than keep up with the competition, and build better products, some companies just bragged about being an American company, insinuating that made them better, regardless of how bad their products were. They practically invited countries outside our borders to come and sell here. Well, it bit them big time and they will pay for that forever.

I am on record here for saying I think it is much harder to buy a bad pickup in today's world than a good one. I also don't like the way the bailouts went so that leaves two brands I MYSELF won't buy. Other people's mileage may vary and I accept that. Choosing from what is left will not be decided on whether it is "an American company" but rather what I feel is the best truck for me. Brand loyalty means nothing to me as I have had a slew of different brands of autos and trucks over the last fifty years. Most were pretty good, some just fair, a very few were terrible for one reason or another. Today if they all seem equal I will try to choose what helped the American worker the most.

To sum it up, when you despise a vehicle made by a company located outside the U.S. just remember "YOUR" company helped let them get established here by building products less desireable than their's years ago. Do you get that?

It is this gross misconception that the foreign vehicles are in some way superior that allowed foreign companies to sell their products in the USA. This is proof that some people can't think on their own two feet to form their own opinion.
Instead, they just spew out the garbage that they are spoon fed. Then, they can twist and turn things any way that they want to justify their actions.

So yes, some people just do not get it. Your rambling post just verifies this.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon