I was a diehard Chevy fan for most of my life but eventually bought a 99 Dodge 1/2 ton QC 4x4, it was ordered exactly as I wanted but the fuel mileage was horrible, I traded and went upside down for a 99 3/4 ton QC 4x4 Cummins and drove it 82K and sold it. Finances didn't allow another until I bought a used 01 to match my 99, loved it until diesel went to 3.50/gl.

I have been in my 05 Frontier 4x2 for six years and 150K, and I really want another fullsize 4x4 now.

I have looked at several and taken a few test drives and my favorite exterior is the new Chevy/GMC, but one issue is just gnawing me...the bailout money.

With two girls headed off to college in December I won't be buying new, maybe go go look for a first or second gen Dodge.

Originally Posted by 7_08FAN
I currently have three Toyota Tacoma's..but I see both sides of the "it's made in America and pays Americans salaries". It is a company still owned by Japanese investors and the profits go there..I think most of the bashers would have a little different opinion if you had spent five years of your life fighting for your life and now sending ANY money their way.. Bash me if you wish..but I can tell you for sure my dad had hard feelings this way and I did not buy anything Japanese while he was alive..Yes, I see both sides of it..

My Nissan has been a pretty good truck, I went Japanese because in my experience, Japanese trucks and cars rattled less especially with high mileage.

I will say I was disappointed as hell, when I had to replace the window motor in my made in the USA, Nissan. After I had the door panel off I found a made in India wiring harness and a Chinaloca window motor. It is still pretty dang quiet with very few squeaks or rattles though.

I can say if I had the time and money, I would just build the truck I want, nothing fancy really, just not offered: a 1996 Ford F250 Crew Cab, short box 4x4 with a Cummins 12V and a bench seat.

Last edited by RDW; 03/16/12.

Dave